School District News
Summer Stretch Online Learning
This summer we have an awesome opportunity for students called Summer Stretch. The Summer Stretch program has exciting activities in Math, Reading, Science, and Social Skills to stretch their learning all summer long! Official start date is Monday, June 1st. There are multiple activity options to engage your child for up to six weeks, ending Friday, July 10th.
When kids participate in Summer Stretch, they will enjoy
- interactive math games,
- interesting articles to read and videos to watch,
- fun and engaging science activities to complete, and
- relaxing and calming videos and activities to practice social skills.
Hartley Elementary School will grow a community of responsible, confident, caring and educated citizens.
Hartley Elementary School will provide a safe and caring environment where every student’s academic, emotional and social needs are nurtured. Parents, teachers, and staff work together to create a community in which children are inspired and empowered to attain their full potentials and embrace life long learning.
Congratulations 5th Graders!
Daily Schedule & Events
- Student drop off starts at 7:55 a.m.
- School day begins at 8:25 a.m.
- School day ends 2:45 p.m.
- Early Release every Wednesday 1:45 p.m.
- No Events
Your children are the motivation for all of our efforts, the center of all we do. Our goal is for students to feel at home learning in an environment where they are loved as they are taught. With outstanding teachers who understand the way individual students learn, Hartley provides academic rigor in an environment that emphasizes thinking and creativity. As we begin the new school year, we rededicate ourselves to providing a culture of caring for our students. Students, teachers and parents are the “heart” of Hartley!
Dr. Paul Goricki
- New Student Registration
- Master Calendar 2019 – 2020
- Student Code of Conduct
- School Lunch Menu
- Free and Reduced Lunch Application
- Year-at-a-Glance curriculum maps for each grade level
- St Johns County School District ELL Plan
- View your child’s report card on Home Access Center
- Report Bullying and Harassment
- School Improvement Plan (SIP) 2019- 2020
- Immunizations – School & Sports Physicals
- Service Animal Policy
- Gamble Rogers Middle School Incoming 6th Graders Elective Interest Survey
- The Best Summer Flyer 2020 – Public Library
- Summer Reading Registration Form – Public Library
FortifyFL is a website and app developed at the direction of the Florida Legislature. Any student, educator, parent or member of the public can report school safety concerns directly to law enforcement and school administrators anonymously and easily through the FortifyFL app or getfortifyfl.com.
This is just a reminder that anyone (parent, guardian, friend, neighbor, aunt, uncle) must have school access to attend an event at Hartley, have lunch with a student and/or attend an awards assembly. If you have not already done so, please complete the School Access Form. The process for approval may take up to 4 weeks, so please fill out the application sooner than later for any guests that would like to have school access. Once the application is approved, school access will be valid for three years.
Sunshine State Young Readers Award Program
The Sunshine State Young Readers Award Program is a statewide reading motivational program for students in grades K – 8. The Florida Association of Media in Education (FAME) and the Florida Department of Education (DOE) collaborate to select a list of new recommended books for children each year. Please click on the links below for a listing of this year’s SSYRA books for our primary and intermediate readers: