Welcome to the Little Hawk Cafe!
11/1/2023- In early October, the Food and Nutrition Service Department (FNS) was notified by our dairy provider of a nationwide milk carton shortage. Whereas in the past we would serve 3-4 varieties of milk, we are currently down to 2 varieties (1% white and Skim Chocolate).
Projections have the dairy running out of chocolate containers by the first week of November. All efforts are being made to continue to have 1% white milk available until all other varieties come back in stock around the first of the year.
FNS will continue to work with the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Service to provide approved alternative beverage choices, most likely juice and water, for meals going forward.
-Mike Baker, Director
- ALL students are issued a personal identification number (PIN) for their meal account that will be kept in the cafeteria.
- The PIN will remain the same throughout their entire stay at Hartley Elementary School.
- Water is available for purchase.
- A student purchasing a second lunch will be charged per item on his/her tray.
- We accept cash or checks (no credit/debit cards) in the cafeteria. We do ask that you please write your child’s first and last name on the memo line of the check. Make check out to Hartley Elementary Cafeteria.
- Prepayments to your child’s account with a, credit card, can be made through PayPAMS. You can access it through PayPAMS.com.
- Prepayment is encouraged as it assists with the movement of students through the line.
- Account Balances, either positive or negative, from the previous school year will roll into the new school year unless a refund has been requested. Balances will also follow your child to another school as long as the school is still in St. Johns County.
We strive to offer a variety of fresh fruits and veggies for our students on a daily basis. Students may select 2 fruits for their complete breakfast and 1 fruit and/or 1-2 vegetables for their complete lunch.
BREAKFAST: Student may take 3-4 items, at least one item must be a fruit/juice (they may have 2 fruits at breakfast).
LUNCH: Student may take 3-5 items, at least one item must be a fruit or vegetable (they may take 2 vegetables at lunch).
If students do not meet the minimum requirements listed above, they will be charged a la carte pricing. PLEASE TELL YOUR CHILD MILK IS NOT REQUIRED AT BREAKFAST OR LUNCH!
Please feel free to contact if Miki ([email protected] or 904/547-8396) with any concerns or questions you may have.